Anytime, Anywhere, Anyone
Anytime, anywhere, anyone can call the Poison Center.
Minnesota depends on it.
Anytime – 24/7/365
- Poison Center’s emergency call center is available 24/7/365 to advise on safe management of poisonings at home or the need for immediate transport to a medical facility
- Poison Center staff advise throughout the care process and call to follow-up
Anywhere – calls come from
- Homes, schools, daycare centers, workplaces, and health care facilities
- All 87 Minnesota counties, from urban, suburban and rural areas and facilities
Anyone – can call
- The public: parents, teachers, public safety, daycare providers, school nurses and others call the Poison Center for help and information, for care of infants, children, teens, adults, and seniors
- Providers: EMTs and first responders, paramedics, emergency physicians, family physicians, pediatricians, intensive care physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and nurse practitioners call for help managing poison emergencies
- Individuals with limited English proficiency: Language Line interpreters can help 24/7 in more than 150 languages
- Deaf or hearing impaired: TTY services are always available when calling 1-800-222-1222
The Poison Center saves lives and money.
Every $1 spent on Poison Center services SAVES over $13 in unnecessary medical costs and lost productivity.In 2015, the Minnesota Poison Control System:
- Consulted on 42,571 exposures
- Provided poison information for 4,835 callers
- Was able to safely manage 92% of residential exposures at home through consultation with Poison Center specialists